If you’re a fan of the Drone Racing League (DRL), then you’re probably excited to catch all the action of the DGPT, or Drone Grand Prix Tour. But where can you watch it? In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take a look at all the different options available to you, so you don’t miss a single moment of the high-speed drone racing action. From live events to online streaming, we’ve got you covered. So, get ready to gear up and cheer on your favorite pilots as they take to the skies in the thrilling world of drone racing.
What is the DGPT?
The Disc Golf Pro Tour Explained
The Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT) is a professional sports league that features the world’s top disc golf players competing in elite-level events. Founded in 2017, the DGPT has quickly become the premier destination for disc golf fans to watch the best players in the world showcase their skills.
The DGPT consists of a series of events held throughout the year, with each event featuring a field of 48-60 professional players. These events are held at various disc golf courses across the United States, with a few international events mixed in as well. The tour spans across several months, with the season culminating in a championship event where the top players battle it out for the title of DGPT champion.
One of the unique aspects of the DGPT is its partnership with the Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA), the governing body for disc golf. This partnership ensures that the DGPT follows all relevant rules and regulations, and it also allows for seamless integration between the professional and amateur levels of the sport.
In addition to its focus on elite-level competition, the DGPT also places a strong emphasis on community building and outreach. The tour makes a point to partner with local organizations and charities at each of its events, and it also provides opportunities for fans to get involved and volunteer.
Overall, the DGPT is a thrilling and dynamic sports league that showcases the best of disc golf. Whether you’re a seasoned fan or just discovering the sport, there’s something for everyone on the DGPT.
Importance of Watching the DGPT
The Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT) is a professional disc golf league that showcases the world’s top disc golf players competing in high-stakes tournaments. The DGPT offers exciting entertainment for disc golf enthusiasts and sports fans alike, providing a unique blend of skill, strategy, and athleticism.
However, it is not just about the thrill of competition. Watching the DGPT has several important benefits for both casual and avid disc golf fans.
Building Knowledge and Appreciation of the Sport
Watching the DGPT allows viewers to gain a deeper understanding of the sport of disc golf. By observing the techniques, tactics, and strategies employed by top professionals, fans can learn the nuances of the game and develop a more sophisticated appreciation for the sport.
Furthermore, the DGPT features commentary from experienced analysts and former players, providing valuable insights into the game’s history, rules, and techniques. This helps fans to contextualize what they are seeing on the course and build a more comprehensive knowledge base.
Inspiring Personal Growth and Improvement
Watching the DGPT can be a source of inspiration for disc golf enthusiasts looking to improve their own game. By observing the best players in the world, fans can learn new techniques, refine their own approach, and set goals for personal improvement.
Additionally, the DGPT features a diverse range of players with different skill levels and playing styles. This allows viewers to see a variety of approaches to the game and experiment with different techniques to find what works best for them.
Connecting with the Disc Golf Community
Finally, watching the DGPT is an excellent way to connect with the larger disc golf community. The DGPT features interviews with players, highlights from around the tour, and social media updates from players and fans. This creates a sense of shared experience and community among disc golf enthusiasts, fostering a sense of belonging and camaraderie.
By tuning in to the DGPT, fans can join a vibrant and growing community of disc golf enthusiasts, sharing their passion for the sport and supporting one another in their own disc golf journeys.
Official DGPT Broadcast Partners
Disc Sports Networking Channels
If you’re looking to catch all the action from the Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT), you’ll want to tune in to the official broadcast partners. The DGPT has teamed up with several disc sports networking channels to bring you the best coverage of each event. Here’s a breakdown of where you can find the official broadcast partners for the DGPT:
- The Disc Golf Network (DGN): As the official broadcast partner of the DGPT, the DGN is your go-to source for all things disc golf. With live coverage of every event, expert commentary, and exclusive behind-the-scenes content, the DGN is the ultimate destination for disc golf fans.
- The Disc Golf Channel (DGC): Another top disc golf network, the DGC is another official broadcast partner of the DGPT. With a focus on bringing you the best coverage of professional disc golf, the DGC offers live streaming of all DGPT events, as well as highlights, interviews, and more.
- The Disc Golf Show: A popular disc golf podcast and YouTube channel, the Disc Golf Show is an official broadcast partner of the DGPT. Tune in for expert analysis, player interviews, and a behind-the-scenes look at the world of professional disc golf.
- The Disc Golf Guys: A well-respected disc golf media outlet, the Disc Golf Guys are an official broadcast partner of the DGPT. With a focus on delivering high-quality coverage of each event, the Disc Golf Guys offer live streaming, expert commentary, and exclusive interviews with the world’s top disc golfers.
By tuning in to these official broadcast partners, you’ll be able to catch all the action from the DGPT, no matter where you are in the world. Whether you’re a die-hard disc golf fan or just getting started, these networks have everything you need to stay up-to-date on the latest happenings in the world of professional disc golf.
Geographical Restrictions and Workarounds
- Geographic restrictions:
- Due to licensing agreements and distribution rights, certain regions may be blocked from accessing DGPT content on official broadcast partners’ platforms.
- These restrictions can be frustrating for fans living in restricted areas, who may miss out on important events and matches.
- VPNs (Virtual Private Networks): A popular workaround for bypassing geographical restrictions is using a VPN.
- VPNs allow users to change their IP address and appear as if they are accessing the internet from a different location.
- This can help unblock restricted content and allow fans to watch DGPT events in their region.
- Smart DNS proxies:
- Smart DNS proxies are another option for bypassing geographical restrictions.
- They work by routing internet traffic through a proxy server, which can hide the user’s location and allow them to access restricted content.
- Free trial accounts:
- Some VPN and Smart DNS providers offer free trial accounts, which can be used to access restricted content temporarily.
- These accounts usually have limited time frames and data usage, but can be helpful for watching specific events or matches.
- Proxy servers:
- Another option is to use proxy servers, which are third-party servers that can be used to bypass geographical restrictions.
- However, proxy servers can be less reliable and may not work for all platforms.
- VPNs (Virtual Private Networks): A popular workaround for bypassing geographical restrictions is using a VPN.
- Legal implications:
- It’s important to note that using VPNs, Smart DNS proxies, and other workarounds to bypass geographical restrictions may be against the terms of service of the official DGPT broadcast partners.
- Some countries may also have laws that prohibit the use of these methods to access restricted content.
- Fans should be aware of these legal implications and use these workarounds at their own risk.
DGPT Live Streaming Platforms
The Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT) has a wide range of official broadcast partners that offer live streaming of its events. These partners include various live streaming platforms that cater to different regions and audiences. In this section, we will explore the different DGPT live streaming platforms that you can use to watch the tour’s events.
1. DGPT Live
DGPT Live is the official live streaming platform of the Disc Golf Pro Tour. It offers live coverage of all DGPT events, including the championship events, and provides viewers with access to a range of features, such as live scoring, on-demand replays, and expert commentary. DGPT Live is available on the tour’s website and through its mobile app, which is available for both iOS and Android devices.
ESPN+ is a live streaming service offered by ESPN that provides access to a wide range of sports content, including disc golf. The platform offers live coverage of DGPT events, as well as on-demand replays and other features, such as expert analysis and interviews. ESPN+ is available on a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, and smart TVs, and offers a free trial period for new subscribers.
3. Disc Golf Network (DGN)
Disc Golf Network (DGN) is a live streaming platform that focuses solely on disc golf. The platform offers live coverage of DGPT events, as well as other professional disc golf events, and provides viewers with access to a range of features, such as live scoring, on-demand replays, and expert commentary. DGN is available on a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, and smart TVs, and offers a subscription-based model for accessing its content.
YouTube is a popular video-sharing platform that hosts a wide range of content, including disc golf. Many DGPT events are available on YouTube, either through the official DGPT channel or through the channels of individual event organizers. Viewers can access these videos for free and can watch them on a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, and smart TVs.
In conclusion, the DGPT has a range of official broadcast partners that offer live streaming of its events. These partners include DGPT Live, ESPN+, Disc Golf Network (DGN), and YouTube, each with its own unique features and benefits. Whether you prefer a dedicated disc golf platform or a more general sports streaming service, there is an option available to suit your needs.
Pros and Cons of Different Platforms
The Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT) has a number of official broadcast partners that offer live and on-demand coverage of its events. Here is a breakdown of some of the most popular platforms and their pros and cons:
- Wide availability: YouTube is available on a variety of devices and platforms, making it easy to access from almost anywhere.
- High-quality coverage: The DGPT’s YouTube channel offers high-quality live streams and on-demand content, including full tournament replays and behind-the-scenes footage.
- User-friendly interface: The YouTube platform is easy to navigate, with clear playlists and search functionality that makes it easy to find the content you want to watch.
- Limited features: While YouTube offers a lot of great content, it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of some other platforms, such as the ability to rewind live streams or zoom in on the action.
- Ads: YouTube’s business model includes displaying ads during live streams and on-demand content, which can be annoying for some viewers.
- Social engagement: The DGPT’s Facebook page is a great place to connect with other disc golf fans and engage with the community.
- Exclusive content: The DGPT sometimes offers exclusive content on its Facebook page, such as interviews and behind-the-scenes footage.
Accessible on multiple devices: Facebook is available on a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, and computers, making it easy to access from anywhere.
Quality varies: The quality of the live streams on Facebook can vary depending on the strength of your internet connection and other factors.
- Limited features: Facebook doesn’t offer as many features as some other platforms, such as the ability to rewind live streams or zoom in on the action.
Disc Golf Network (DGN)
- Comprehensive coverage: DGN offers comprehensive coverage of the DGPT, including live streams of all events, on-demand content, and original programming.
- User-friendly interface: DGN’s platform is easy to navigate, with clear playlists and search functionality that makes it easy to find the content you want to watch.
Exclusive content: DGN sometimes offers exclusive content, such as interviews and behind-the-scenes footage, that you can’t find anywhere else.
Subscription required: DGN requires a subscription to access its content, which can be a barrier for some viewers.
- Limited availability: DGN is only available in certain countries, which can be frustrating for international viewers.
Overall, the DGPT’s official broadcast partners offer a variety of options for watching its events, each with its own pros and cons. It’s worth exploring each platform to find the one that works best for you.
Social Media Platforms for DGPT Updates
Real-Time Score Updates and Live Commentary
For those who cannot make it to the event in person, social media platforms provide a great way to stay updated on the latest action from the Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT). Many of the top players and commentators will be live-tweeting and providing updates throughout the tournament, including real-time score updates and live commentary.
Here are some of the top social media platforms to follow for DGPT updates:
- Twitter: Many of the top players and commentators will be live-tweeting throughout the tournament, providing real-time updates on the action. Follow the official DGPT Twitter account (@dgptour) for official updates, or check out the hashtag #dgpt to see what others are saying.
- Instagram: The DGPT has an official Instagram account (@dgptour) where they post updates, photos, and videos from the tournament. You can also follow individual players or commentators to see their personal perspectives on the event.
- Facebook: The DGPT has an official Facebook page (facebook.com/dgptour) where they post updates, live streams, and other content related to the tournament. You can also join the official DGPT Facebook group (facebook.com/groups/dgptour) to connect with other fans and discuss the latest action.
By following these social media platforms, you can stay up-to-date on the latest action from the DGPT, even if you’re not able to attend the event in person. So whether you’re at home or on the go, you can catch all the excitement of the DGPT with just a few clicks.
Engaging with the Disc Golf Community
If you’re looking to stay up-to-date on all things DGPT, social media is a great place to start. By following the right accounts and joining the right groups, you can easily become a part of the disc golf community and engage with other fans and players. Here are some of the best social media platforms to follow for DGPT updates and to connect with other disc golf enthusiasts:
- Follow the official DGPT account (@dgptour) for exclusive behind-the-scenes content, player profiles, and updates on upcoming events.
- Check out the Disc Golf Network (@discgolfnetwork) for a curated feed of the best disc golf content from around the web, including highlights from DGPT events.
- Follow popular players and influencers like Paul McBeth (@paul.mcbeth), Ricky Wysocki (@rickywyo), and the Disc Golf Guy (@thediscgolguy) for insights into their training and competition strategies, as well as glimpses into their personal lives.
- Follow the DGPT account (@dgptour) for real-time updates on scores, standings, and other news from DGPT events.
- Check out the Disc Golf World Tour (@dgworldtour) for more comprehensive coverage of the world of disc golf, including updates on other professional tours and major events.
Follow popular players and influencers like McBeth, Wysocki, and the Disc Golf Guy for quick updates on their lives and careers, as well as commentary on the latest news and trends in the sport.
Join the official DGPT fan page for exclusive content, live streams of events, and discussions with other fans and players.
- Check out the Disc Golf World Tour page for more in-depth coverage of the sport, including interviews with players and analysis of key events.
- Join local disc golf groups to connect with other players in your area, share tips and advice, and find out about local tournaments and events.
By engaging with the disc golf community on social media, you can stay up-to-date on all things DGPT, connect with other fans and players, and become a more informed and engaged disc golf enthusiast.
DGPT on-demand Video Platforms
Post-Tournament Recaps and Analysis
Following the excitement of a live DGPT tournament, many fans look for a detailed breakdown of the event’s happenings. This is where post-tournament recaps and analysis come in handy. These recaps and analysis provide a comprehensive overview of the tournament, highlighting key moments, standout performances, and offering expert commentary on the event’s outcomes.
What to Expect from Post-Tournament Recaps and Analysis
If you’re a fan of the DGPT, post-tournament recaps and analysis are an excellent way to relive the action and gain deeper insights into the game. These recaps and analysis typically include:
- Match highlights: A recap of the most exciting moments from the tournament, including incredible shots, key putts, and memorable rounds.
- Statistical analysis: A breakdown of the statistics from the tournament, including driving distance, putting average, and greens in regulation.
- Expert commentary: Insights and analysis from experienced commentators and analysts, providing context and deeper understanding of the event’s outcomes.
- Player interviews: Exclusive interviews with players, offering insights into their strategies, thoughts on the event, and plans for the future.
Where to Find Post-Tournament Recaps and Analysis
Post-tournament recaps and analysis can be found on a variety of platforms, including:
- DGPT’s official YouTube channel: The DGPT posts recaps and analysis of each tournament on their official YouTube channel, offering a comprehensive look at the event’s highlights and key moments.
- DGPT’s official website: The DGPT’s official website often features in-depth recaps and analysis of each tournament, including expert commentary and statistical breakdowns.
- Sports news websites: Major sports news websites, such as ESPN and Fox Sports, often cover the DGPT and provide post-tournament recaps and analysis.
- Social media channels: DGPT players and fans often share their thoughts and analysis on social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram, offering a unique perspective on the tournament’s outcomes.
Overall, post-tournament recaps and analysis are an excellent way to relive the excitement of a DGPT tournament and gain deeper insights into the game. Whether you’re a casual fan or a die-hard enthusiast, these recaps and analysis provide a wealth of information and entertainment for all levels of DGPT enthusiasts.
Exclusive Interviews and Features
- In-depth Conversations with Top Pros: Gain access to exclusive interviews with the biggest names in disc golf, as they share their insights, stories, and tips with fans around the world. These interviews offer a unique perspective on the sport and the players, and provide a glimpse into the minds of the pros.
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage: Get an inside look at the events and tournaments that make up the DGPT season. From the first tee shot to the final putt, you’ll be able to experience the drama and excitement of the tour, and see what really goes on behind the scenes.
- Features on Equipment and Techniques: Discover the latest trends and innovations in disc golf equipment, and learn tips and techniques from the pros that will help you improve your game. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, you’ll find valuable insights and advice in these exclusive features.
- Exclusive Content for Members: As a member of the DGPT’s on-demand video platform, you’ll have access to even more exclusive content, including in-depth interviews, instructional videos, and more. This content is only available to members, so make sure to sign up to get the full DGPT experience.
DGPT App and Mobile Optimization
iOS and Android Apps
Watching the DGPT on your mobile device has never been easier. With the official DGPT app available for both iOS and Android devices, you can stream live coverage of all DGPT events directly from your smartphone or tablet. Here’s what you need to know:
- Download the DGPT app from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad
- Sign in with your Disc Golf Network account or create a new one if you don’t already have one
- Enjoy live coverage, replays, and on-demand content from anywhere
- Download the DGPT app from the Google Play Store on your Android device
Regardless of which platform you choose, the DGPT app is designed to provide a seamless viewing experience. With easy-to-use navigation, high-quality video streaming, and real-time scoring updates, you won’t miss a single moment of the action. So whether you’re on the go or just want to catch up on the latest tournament, the DGPT app is the perfect way to stay connected to the world of professional disc golf.
Features and Functionality
The DGPT app offers a seamless viewing experience for fans of disc golf. Here are some of the features and functionality that make it a top choice for watching the tour:
- Live streaming: The app provides live streaming of all DGPT events, allowing fans to watch the action as it happens. This feature is available for both subscribers and non-subscribers, but the quality and availability may vary based on your subscription status.
- On-demand video library: In addition to live streaming, the app also offers an extensive on-demand video library. This library includes highlights, full rounds, and other exclusive content, providing fans with a treasure trove of disc golf footage to enjoy at their leisure.
- Scoring and leaderboards: The app also includes real-time scoring and leaderboards, making it easy for fans to keep track of the action and follow their favorite players. This feature is particularly useful during major tournaments, where the leaderboard can change rapidly.
- Player profiles: The app includes detailed player profiles, which provide fans with information about each player’s background, career statistics, and more. This feature is a great way to learn more about the players and get to know them on a personal level.
- Course maps and hole-by-hole analysis: The app also includes detailed course maps and hole-by-hole analysis, which provide fans with a deeper understanding of the game and the strategies involved. This feature is particularly useful for new fans who are looking to learn more about the sport.
Overall, the DGPT app offers a wealth of features and functionality that make it a top choice for watching the tour. Whether you’re a casual fan or a die-hard disc golf enthusiast, the app has something for everyone.
Tips for Optimal Viewing Experience
- Check Your Internet Connection:
A strong and stable internet connection is crucial for a smooth viewing experience. Make sure you have a stable connection before you start watching.
- Use a High-Quality Screen:
Watching the DGPT on a high-quality screen is essential for an optimal viewing experience. If you’re using a mobile device, make sure you have a phone with a high-resolution display.
- Adjust Screen Brightness and Contrast:
Adjusting the brightness and contrast of your screen can make a significant difference in your viewing experience. Experiment with different settings to find the best combination for your device.
- Close Other Applications:
Closing other applications in the background can help free up system resources and improve the performance of the DGPT app. This is especially important if you’re using an older device.
- Enable Location Services:
Enabling location services on your device can help the DGPT app determine your location and provide a more personalized viewing experience. This is especially useful when watching live events.
- Keep Your Device Clean:
A dirty or cluttered device can cause performance issues and affect your viewing experience. Make sure your device is clean and free of dust and debris.
- Update Your Device:
Ensuring that your device is up to date with the latest software can help improve performance and stability. Regularly check for updates and install them as soon as they become available.
By following these tips, you can ensure an optimal viewing experience when watching the DGPT on your mobile device.
Virtual Reality and 360-degree Camera Technology
Immersive Viewing Experience
For disc golf enthusiasts who want to take their viewing experience to the next level, virtual reality (VR) and 360-degree camera technology offer an immersive way to watch the DGPT. These technologies provide a unique and exciting way to experience the sport, bringing viewers closer to the action than ever before.
360-degree Camera Technology
360-degree camera technology allows viewers to see the entire disc golf course from multiple angles, providing a comprehensive view of the game. With this technology, viewers can experience the thrill of the drive, the excitement of the approach, and the tension of the putt from every hole on the course. This technology also offers a unique perspective on the game, as viewers can see the players’ movements and shots from different angles, giving them a better understanding of the game’s strategy and tactics.
Virtual reality (VR) takes the immersive viewing experience to the next level. With VR, viewers can step into the game and experience the sights and sounds of disc golf from a first-person perspective. This technology provides a fully immersive experience, allowing viewers to feel like they are on the course with the players. VR technology also offers the ability to replay key moments in the game, giving viewers a new perspective on the action.
In conclusion, the use of 360-degree camera technology and virtual reality offers an immersive viewing experience for disc golf enthusiasts. These technologies provide a unique and exciting way to experience the sport, bringing viewers closer to the action than ever before.
Future of Disc Golf Broadcasting
The future of disc golf broadcasting is likely to be shaped by advancements in virtual reality (VR) and 360-degree camera technology. These technologies have the potential to revolutionize the way disc golf is experienced and consumed by fans around the world.
One of the most significant benefits of VR technology is its ability to create a highly immersive viewing experience. By wearing a VR headset, viewers can feel as though they are right on the course, watching the action unfold from various angles and perspectives. This level of immersion can make the viewing experience more engaging and exciting for fans, allowing them to feel like they are part of the action.
In addition to VR, 360-degree camera technology is also poised to play a significant role in the future of disc golf broadcasting. With this technology, cameras can capture the entirety of the course and provide viewers with a comprehensive view of the action. This can be especially useful for fans who want to understand the strategic decisions made by players during a match.
Overall, the integration of VR and 360-degree camera technology in disc golf broadcasting has the potential to enhance the viewing experience for fans, making it more engaging and immersive. As these technologies continue to advance, it is likely that disc golf broadcasting will become even more accessible and exciting for fans around the world.
VR Headset Requirements and Recommendations
Virtual Reality (VR) technology has revolutionized the way disc golf fans experience the sport. By providing a fully immersive 360-degree view of the course, VR offers a unique perspective that enhances the overall viewing experience. However, to fully appreciate this technology, it is important to understand the requirements and recommendations for VR headsets.
To enjoy the DGPT in VR, you will need a VR headset that meets the following requirements:
- Compatibility with the DGPT VR app
- A smartphone with a compatible operating system (Android or iOS)
- A stable internet connection
- A device to hold the smartphone (such as a cardboard viewer or a more advanced headset)
It is also important to ensure that your smartphone meets the minimum specifications for the DGPT VR app, including sufficient processing power and storage space.
While any VR headset can be used to watch the DGPT, there are some recommendations to consider for an optimal viewing experience:
- For a more affordable option, the Google Cardboard viewer is a popular choice, but it may not offer the same level of quality as more advanced headsets.
- Higher-end headsets, such as the Samsung Gear VR or the Oculus Quest, offer a more premium experience with better visuals and a more comfortable fit.
- To fully immerse yourself in the experience, it is recommended to use a headset with built-in headphones for a more realistic audio experience.
Overall, the VR headset requirements and recommendations play a crucial role in enhancing the viewing experience for disc golf fans. By understanding these requirements and making an informed decision when selecting a VR headset, fans can fully appreciate the benefits of this innovative technology.
Alternative Disc Golf Content
Related Disc Sports and Tournaments
- Ultimate Frisbee: A sport that shares similarities with disc golf, such as throwing and catching a flying disc.
- Professional Ultimate Frisbee League (PUF): The premier professional ultimate league featuring teams from around the world.
- College Ultimate Frisbee: Intramural and club teams at colleges and universities across the US and Canada.
- Disc Sports: Other disc sports that are related to disc golf and can be found online.
- Disc Golf Doubles: A variation of disc golf where two players compete as a team.
- Disc Golf Pro-Am: An event where professional disc golfers compete alongside amateur players.
- Disc Golf Freestyle: A discipline that showcases the athleticism and creativity of disc golf players through various trick shots and routines.
- World Disc Sports: International competitions that feature a variety of disc sports.
- World Disc Golf Championships: An annual event that brings together the best disc golfers from around the world to compete for the title of world champion.
- World Flying Disc Championships: A multi-discipline event that includes ultimate frisbee, disc golf, and other disc sports.
- Disc Sports World Cup: A biennial event that features the best athletes from various disc sports, including disc golf, ultimate frisbee, and others.
Other Disc Golf Media Outlets
For those looking to consume disc golf content beyond the official DGPT broadcasts, there are several other media outlets that offer coverage of the sport. These outlets provide a variety of content, including tournament highlights, player interviews, and instructional videos. Here are some of the most popular alternative disc golf media outlets:
- Disc Golf Network (DGN): DGN is a subscription-based platform that offers live coverage of PDGA events, as well as on-demand access to a vast library of disc golf content. With a focus on professional and amateur tournaments, DGN is a great resource for both casual and avid disc golf fans.
- Ultiworld Disc Golf: Part of the broader Ultiworld media network, Ultiworld Disc Golf provides in-depth coverage of disc golf events, including tournament recaps, player profiles, and instructional content. Their website also features a comprehensive tournament calendar and a forum for disc golf discussion.
- Disc Golf Guy: Run by popular disc golfer and content creator Jeremy “Disc Golf Guy” Bloom, this YouTube channel offers a mix of tournament coverage, instructional videos, and entertaining content. With over 200,000 subscribers, Disc Golf Guy is a must-follow for anyone interested in disc golf media.
- Inside The Circle: Hosted by disc golf commentator and analyst Jesse “The Voice” Weaver, Inside The Circle is a podcast that offers insights and analysis on the latest disc golf news and events. With a focus on both professional and amateur disc golf, the show is a great resource for understanding the sport’s history, players, and trends.
- The Disc Golf Guy: Hosted by experienced disc golfer and content creator Tim “The Disc Golf Guy” Burkhalter, this podcast covers a wide range of disc golf topics, from equipment reviews to tournament recaps. With a focus on both the professional and amateur scenes, The Disc Golf Guy is a must-listen for disc golf enthusiasts.
These alternative disc golf media outlets offer a wealth of content beyond the official DGPT broadcasts, providing a comprehensive view of the sport and its many talented players. Whether you’re looking for live tournament coverage, instructional videos, or expert analysis, these outlets are sure to have something to offer every disc golf fan.
Disc Golf Podcasts and YouTube Channels
If you’re looking for a more in-depth analysis of disc golf, there are several podcasts and YouTube channels that cover the sport. These shows feature interviews with professional players, tournament coverage, and discussions about the latest gear and trends in the sport. Here are some of the best podcasts and YouTube channels to check out:
- The Upshots: Hosted by professional disc golfer, Paul McBeth, The Upshots is a weekly podcast that covers everything from the latest tournament results to McBeth’s personal experiences on the course.
- The Disc Golf Guys: A bi-weekly podcast that covers the latest news and trends in the sport, as well as interviews with professional players and industry experts.
- The Disc Golf Show: Hosted by a group of avid disc golfers, The Disc Golf Show covers a wide range of topics related to the sport, including tournament coverage, equipment reviews, and player interviews.
- The Disc Golf Guy: A YouTube channel run by professional disc golfer, Jeremy “Disc Golf Guy” Huber, that features tutorials on disc golf technique, equipment reviews, and tournament coverage.
- Disc Golf Channel: A YouTube channel that features coverage of professional disc golf tournaments, as well as interviews with players and commentary on the latest trends in the sport.
- Disc Golf World: A YouTube channel that features a mix of disc golf instructional videos, tournament coverage, and interviews with professional players.
By subscribing to these podcasts and YouTube channels, you can stay up-to-date on all the latest news and trends in the sport of disc golf, and gain a deeper understanding of the game from the perspective of some of the top players and experts in the sport.
Books, Documentaries, and Feature Films
While the Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT) is the premier destination for disc golf enthusiasts seeking live coverage of professional events, there are also several alternative sources of content for those looking to expand their knowledge and appreciation of the sport. This section will explore some of the best books, documentaries, and feature films about disc golf that are available for viewing.
The Ultimate Disc Guide: The History, Rules, and Techniques of Disc Sports
The Ultimate Disc Guide is a comprehensive introduction to the world of disc sports, including disc golf. Written by Terry Bisson and Tim Beach, this book covers the history of disc sports, the rules of disc golf, and the various techniques used to throw and catch discs. It also includes tips for improving one’s skills and strategies for playing the game.
Disc Golf: The First 50 Years
Disc Golf: The First 50 Years is a book written by the founder of the Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA), Steve Dodge. The book tells the story of the early days of disc golf, from its origins as a recreational activity to its development into a competitive sport. It also includes interviews with some of the sport’s earliest pioneers and champions.
Fore in the Valley
Fore in the Valley is a documentary film that explores the history and culture of disc golf in the United States. The film follows a group of disc golfers as they travel to different courses and events, sharing their passion for the sport and highlighting the unique communities that have developed around it.
The Disc Golf Film
The Disc Golf Film is a documentary that takes a more in-depth look at the sport of disc golf, featuring interviews with professional players and commentators, as well as footage of tournaments and events. The film explores the history of the sport, its rules and strategies, and the personalities that have helped to shape it.
The Disc Golf Movie
The Disc Golf Movie is a feature film that follows a group of friends as they travel to different disc golf courses, competing against each other and trying to improve their skills. The film features some of the sport’s biggest names, as well as some of its most beautiful and challenging courses.
The Disc Golfers
The Disc Golfers is a comedy film that follows a group of amateur disc golfers as they try to make it to the professional level. The film features a cast of up-and-coming comedians and actors, and includes some hilarious and heartwarming moments along the way.
Recap of DGPT Viewing Options
If you’re looking for alternative disc golf content, there are several options available beyond the DGPT. Here’s a quick recap of some popular viewing options:
- DGN is a subscription-based platform that offers exclusive content, including live coverage of select PDGA National Tour events, the USDGC, and the WPDGC.
- The platform also features original programming, player interviews, and instructional videos.
Visit the Disc Golf Network website (https://www.discgolfnetwork.com/) to learn more about subscribing and watching content.
YouTube is a free platform where you can find a wide variety of disc golf content, including player highlight reels, event coverage, and instructional videos.
- Some popular channels include the PDGA (https://www.youtube.com/user/PDGAtour), JomezPro (https://www.youtube.com/user/JomezPro), and The Disc Golf Guy (https://www.youtube.com/user/thediscgolfguy).
- You can also search for specific players or events to find their content on YouTube.
Facebook and Instagram
- Facebook and Instagram are social media platforms where you can find disc golf content, including live streams, highlights, and behind-the-scenes glimpses into the sport.
- Popular pages and accounts include the PDGA (https://www.facebook.com/pdgatour), Paul McBeth (https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcbeth.7543), and various disc golf media outlets.
- Follow these pages and accounts to stay up-to-date on disc golf news and events.
- Twitch is a live streaming platform where you can find disc golf content, including live coverage of select events and tournaments.
- Some popular disc golf channels on Twitch include The Disc Golf Network (https://www.twitch.tv/discgolfnetwork), The Disc Golf Guys (https://www.twitch.tv/thediscgolfguys), and Ultiworld Disc Golf (https://www.twitch.tv/ultiworlddiscgolf).
- You can also find individual player streams during major events.
Remember to check the schedules and availability of these platforms for the specific events you’re interested in watching.
Staying Up-to-Date with Disc Golf Action
Are you a disc golf enthusiast looking to stay up-to-date with the latest action from the Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT)? Look no further! Here are some alternative sources for disc golf content that will keep you in the loop:
- Disc Golf Network (DGN): The official YouTube channel of the Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA), DGN offers live coverage of DGPT events, as well as highlights, interviews, and other disc golf content. With over 200,000 subscribers, DGN is a must-watch for any disc golf fan.
- Ultiworld Disc Golf: Ultiworld is a comprehensive source for all things disc golf, including news, tournament coverage, and player profiles. Their website and social media channels are a great way to stay informed about the latest happenings in the sport.
- The Disc Golf Guy: Hosted by professional disc golfer Jeremy “Disc Golf Guy” Bloom, this podcast covers all aspects of the sport, from tour events to equipment reviews. With guests ranging from top professionals to local players, The Disc Golf Guy is a must-listen for anyone interested in disc golf.
- The Upshots: Another popular disc golf podcast, The Upshots is hosted by professional disc golfer Paul “The Upshots” McBeth and his brother, Chris. The show covers a wide range of topics, from tour events to equipment reviews, and is a great way to stay up-to-date with the latest happenings in the sport.
- Disc Golf Instagram Accounts: There are a number of excellent disc golf Instagram accounts that are worth following, including @discgolf, @thediscgolfguy, and @theupshots. These accounts feature a mix of tournament coverage, player profiles, and other disc golf content, and are a great way to stay connected to the sport.
By following these alternative disc golf content sources, you can stay up-to-date with the latest action from the DGPT and the wider disc golf community. So whether you’re a casual fan or a die-hard enthusiast, there’s plenty of great content out there to keep you engaged and entertained.
1. What is the DGPT?
The DGPT, or Drone Racing Pro Tour, is a professional drone racing league that showcases the world’s top drone pilots competing in high-speed races through challenging courses.
2. How can I watch the DGPT?
There are several ways to watch the DGPT, including live streams on the DGPT website, social media platforms such as YouTube and Facebook, and television broadcasts on channels such as ESPN and NBC Sports.
3. Is there a fee to watch the DGPT?
Some of the ways to watch the DGPT may require a subscription or a one-time fee, while others may be available for free. It depends on the specific platform or channel where you are trying to watch the DGPT.
4. Can I watch the DGPT on my mobile device?
Yes, many of the platforms that broadcast the DGPT have mobile apps that you can download to watch the races on your smartphone or tablet.
5. When is the DGPT scheduled to race?
The DGPT typically holds races throughout the year, with the schedule varying depending on the location and other factors. You can check the DGPT website or social media channels for the latest information on upcoming races.
6. What equipment do I need to watch the DGPT?
To watch the DGPT, you will need a device with an internet connection and access to a platform that is broadcasting the races. This could be a computer, smartphone, tablet, or television with internet capabilities. You may also need a subscription or a one-time fee to access some of the platforms that are broadcasting the DGPT.